We gotta say, kids' rooms are our JAM and this bunkroom does not disappoint!
It's full of all kinds of details that really make the space something special and truly unique. We think this delightful bunkroom really represents so many of the best things about childhood and we are absolutely thrilled to share it with you all, and especially the future occupants who get to call this room their own.
It's just so much fun unlocking our imaginations and letting them run wild a little bit when it comes to exploring all the things that have the potential to make a shared room for your kids really special and really smart, especially when it comes to capitalizing space and storage.
After the built-in bunks won out over twin beds in our LIVE broadcast vote, our team set to work on making these bunks and this creative space come to life, which was no small task indeed. It's almost unbelievable that this room used to be a small kitchen instead.
Nevertheless, we pressed on and in the reveal of Episode 3, you'll see that our team magically made it happen! We built the color theme for this design off a swatch of wallpaper we found during the demolition process and knew we had to somehow incorporate back into the space.
Bunkroom ahead! Some of our favorite features about this room include:
- Full-size mattresses over twin (unlocking the potential for guests and adults to functionally use this space as well)
- A built-in stairwell that leads to the upper bunk
- Storage! And more storage...
- Extra tall ceilings! Like, we exposed the beams and left them exposed and took the ceiling up into the attic because we can't help it. WE LOVE TALL CEILINGS! (Never fear, everything is well insulated and the electricity bill for this house should not be anything out of the ordinary.)
- Flor carpet tiles. So easy, so fast! We love using these handy little squares!
- Roman shades and curtains made from unexpected resources. We're talking shower curtains and table runners here...talk about multi-purpose!
- Secret bookcase leading to sleeping porch - this is one of our FAVORITE features! We're so happy we could save that sleeping porch and turn it into an amazing little play space or retreat. It's just so fun!
- Vintage maps and art, all free downloads included in the links below!
- Schoolhouse Pendants that YOU CHOSE! Red reading sconces. There's just so much to love!
We decided on putting in full-size bunks over twin size bunks just so that we could cover our bases in case this room was to be used as something other than a kids' room. It was no small task as you can see, the kind of custom woodworking and craftsmanship that went into creating these beautiful beds was nothing short of miraculous and the end result made us feel so pleased.
High-fives all around!
If you haven't watched Episode 3 of Win This House! Now's your chance. Find the episode link HERE.
All the sourcing for this post is included at the end. No need to wonder where those pendant lights came from or how to score the free art downloads for yourself. We've included all the links below and made it so dang easy!
[show_ms_widget id="35991610" image_id="41851125" width="1000" height="1775"]
1. Schoolhouse Pendant Light | 2. Vintage Art (Getty Museum) | 3. Pennant Flags | 4. Dresser | 5. Lamps | 6. Red Sconces | 7. Bedspreads | 8. Storage Baskets | 9. Plaid Throw Pillow| 10. Red Velvet Throw Pillow | 11. Flor Carpet Tiles | 12. Vintage Map Download (free) | 13. "Ramie" Sherwin Williams | 14. "Roman Column" Sherwin Williams| 15. Roman Shade Fabric | 16. Gingham Curtain Fabric | 17. Throw Blanket | 18. Plaid Throw Pillow | 19. Cream Throw Pillow | 20. Storage Bench | 21. Vintage Animal Print Download (free) | 22. Toboggan| 23. Stuffed Giraffe